Sunday, December 4, 2022

Day 02: From Schäftlarn to Herrsching

Day 02: Trying to beat the Weather

DateDec 4th, 2022
Route map
Route trace
Today's distance: 19 miles
Total This Camino: 34 miles
Total 2022 Caminos: 374 miles
Total All Caminos: 1654 miles
Lodging: Hotel Pegasus @ $80
Total Lodging: $ 190
Planes: $810 Rochester -> Munich -> Rochester
+ $75 checked bag
Total Planes: $ 885
Buses / Trains / Taxis:
Total Buses / Trains / Taxis: $ 15
Food: $ 8
Total Food: $ 63

Meaningful Moment

Making it to the hotel. As I was talking with the lady who was checking me in, I don't think I could string two thoughts together.

After I rested for a little bit I went downstairs to the cafe. She had German potato soup available with white sausage. She gave me a complimentary glass of a heated red wine. I'm not used to drinking my wine heated. That hit the spot, I can assure you.

Random Thought of the Day

The weather report all day long was forecasting rain in the afternoon, so I tried to keep moving. It never did rain, thank God. Tomorrow's weather forecast is worse.

On the Road / Notable memories

First of all the day was supposed to be about 15 miles and somehow turned out to be 19 mi. I was running on vapor by the time I made it to the hotel.

Needed a long down time to start to recover.

Nothing but fog the entire day. I'm sure I passed a lot of beautiful scenes but not once could I see 200 yards beyond me.



The entire day was fog. I'm sure I passed a lot of beautiful scenery, but I didn't see it.


Leaving Schäftlarn.


Do not feed the horses!


Forest of Bavaria


Harkirchen Hamlet 


Why do the direction signs point in two directions?


Starnberger Lake, fog covered


Maisinger Creek


Typical Bavarian church or chapel


Hotel Pegasus














No comments:

Post a Comment

Back Home Wrap up

Slowly Returning to the Regular Life Date Dec 19th, 2022 Total This Camino: 114 miles Total 2022 Caminos: 438 miles Total All Caminos: 1734...